I’m back with another bookish post today.
Today’s challenge prompt was my favorite quotes, but it’s so hard to pick just a few quotes to highlight, so I’m going to get a little more specific.
I have a notebook that I’ve used over the years to write down any good quotes I come across while reading, and as I was just flipping through it I noticed that a lot of the excerpts were really positive and inspiring.
Since it’s the start of the weekend and I’m in such a good mood, I want to celebrate by sharing some wonderful feel-good quotes from literature with you all.
- “It’s not quite love and it’s not quite community; it’s just this feeling that there are people, an abundance of people, who are in this together. Who are on your team. When the check is paid and you stay at the table. When it’s four A.M. and no one goes to bed. That night with the guitar. That night we can’t remember. That time we did, we went , we saw, we laughed, we felt.” – The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
- “The key to happiness is to forget what folks look like. Just find the nice, kind, supportive people and bring them into your circle.” – Can’t Nothing Bring Me Down by Ida Keeling
- “You only get one life. It’s actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.” – Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
- “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to educate or change opinions; go over, under, through, and opinions will change organically when you’re the boss. Or they won’t. Who cares? Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” – Bossypants by Tina Fey
- “Leonard asks me if there’s anything I need to know before he dies, I think about it for a minute, turn to him, say what’s the meaning of life, Leonard? He laughs, says that’s an easy one, my son, it’s whatever you want it to be.” – My Friend Leonard by James Frey
- “Stuff your eyes with wonder, he said, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- “There’s nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.” – The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- “To live every day as if it had been stolen from death, that is how I would like to live. To feel the joy of life…To separate oneself from the burden, the angst, the anguish that we all encounter every day. To say I am alive, I am wonderful, I am. I am. That is something to aspire to.” – The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- “If I am going to spend eternity visiting this moment and that, I’m grateful that so many of those moments are nice.” – Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
I hope these quotes put you in a happy place on this Friday night.
A lot of these quotes are from my favorite books, and I’d certainly recommend any of them if you’re looking for something good to read.
Comment below with some of your own favorite feel-good quotes, or a feel-good book! <3 🙂